How do I get an absentee ballot?


Is your home-away-from-home at Pace too far away for you to get to the polls on Election Day?  Do you want your vote to count for local races that affect your hometown?  If you are a residential student at Pace, but do NOT want to vote in Pleasantville or Briarcliff, an absentee ballot may be the choice for you.  Follow these steps to absentee voting success!


First you need to register to vote.  For New York State residents, pick up your voter registration form from the CCAR offices in either Pleasantville (Choate 51W) or One Pace Plaza (Y31).  For out-of-state, please visit the website for your home state/county board of elections and request a voter registration application.  After you are registered, you may request for the board of elections to send you an absentee ballot.         


Are you qualified for an absentee ballot?  The answer is YES if:

  • You will be absent from your county on Election Day.
  • You are unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness and/or disability (or if you are the primary caretaker of a person who is temporary ill or disabled).


It is a good idea to verify your voter registration before applying for an absentee ballot, just in case there is a problem with your registration and you have to re-register.


 Absentee ballots are available at your county board of elections.    You may also download a PDF version of the application online, or have the ballot mailed to you.  Complete and sign the form, bring it to the mailbox (don’t forget the stamp!), and you should be ready to go!


Each state has a different deadline for voter registration/absentee ballot requests – check your county/state’s board of election website to find out yours.  Ballots must be postmarked the day BEFORE Election Day, but we recommend sending them in earlier, just in case!