Student Spotlight: Veronica DiPaul ’20

Veronica is a second-year Nursing Student working with CCAR on more than she can keep track of. While staying on top of her studies and being involved in other activities on campus, read more to find out about what Veronica does with CCAR!

Graduation Year: 2020

Major: Nursing

Being involved in my community means…making it a better place for you as well as everybody else.

What exactly do you do with CCAR?

I am the Student Program Coordinator and I run the logistics of the office — emails, phone calls, planning events. I also do customer service by planning logistics for events.

How did you get involved with CCAR?

Through Gamma Sig and community service.

Why did you decide to work with them?

I like community service and the job seemed like a lot of organizing for the community — I like organizing.

What does being involved in your community mean to you?

Being involved in my community means gaining satisfaction from helping others but also benefitting the community that you live in — making it a better place for you as well as everybody else.

What does CCAR itself mean to you?

To me, it’s service benefitting your local community but also benefitting your awareness of things that are going on in your community. You get to help people but you’re also in the know of things that are happening.

What are some things you’ve done with CCAR or on your own time as a student leader and advocate?

This year, I was a site leader for PMADD (Pace Makes A Difference Day) at Westchester Land Trust. I’ve done Common Hour Conversations. I did Jefferson Award bios. I can’t really think of too many specifics because I’ve done so many. On my own time, I was a WOW Leader this year. I do service with Gamma Sig so we did stuff with the Greenburgh Nature Center. We’re making care packages for homeless people and for homeless women, we’re collecting sanitary products. I’m also the treasurer of FLIHC (Future Leaders in Healthcare)  and we educate people on how to be leaders in healthcare and how to help their communities with their majors. We do all the drives — organ drives, blood drives, etc…

We’re so excited to see all of the things that Veronica accomplishes in her time here at Pace. Keep an eye on the blog to see what she’s up to!